Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: dy to play well with the others." Trotz

dy to play well with the others." Trotz 1 month 1 week ago #156602

• lebaobei123
  • Platinum Member
In her first World T20 Diary entry, England Women’s Tash Farrant talks being mint and swanky hotels and reveals how her mother will play a key role in India… And so it begins - my first ever ICC world event.Sitting here by the pool at our hotel in Chennai it all feels slightly surreal but mostly Im just really excited about whats to come.It all started with the flight out to India from Heathrow - it was a newbies only car on the drive down to the airport from Loughborough (where I am currently in my first year at university) as I was joined by our physio, Susan, who is also making her World Cup debut. #FlyingTheFlag – here I am with Jenny Gunn (L) and Georgia Elwiss (C) with the England cricket supporters flag at Heathrow With some great tunes and some not so great singing we embarked on the long voyage, having donned our new mint green training kit. Im thinking about dropping the marketing guys at ECB Towers a note to suggest a new slogan to replace We Are England Cricket - Because were mint! (This obviously has to be said in Geordie accent at all times).With a fairly smooth journey we arrived in India. The only blip being when Katherine Brunt realised shed forgotten her caramel heels. Definitely not a normal item on her packing list, so she can be forgiven for this faux-pas, but needed to go with our TM Lewin Number 1s (England suits). Or at least I hope thats the only time she plans to wear them!Luckily my mum is flying out to support us once things get under way, so will come to the rescue, along with ferrying a few other essentials that we have forgotten as a team. Most importantly a sack full of Yorkshire tea bags, after quickly realising that the tea here isnt quite to some of the girls taste (a bit spicy). Because we’re mint!” – Danni Wyatt and I showing off our new “mint green” training kit The first bus journey from the airport is always a favourite touring moment of mine wherever we travel, and this time was no different being able to get my first taste of India through the bus window. Manic.As a team we feel we have definitely lucked out with our team room in the hotel. Its the Presidential Suite. Sounds very posh, I know, and posh it is! There are Jacuzzi baths, flat screen TVs and an enormous dining room table.The most exciting thing of all is the one-person rocket like lift which I guess is a bit unnecessary to go up one small flight of stairs, but nevertheless, it is quite the gadget! There will most definitely be a few movie and room service nights going on in there!With a couple of tough training sessions in the scorching heat here in Chennai we are champing at the bit to play our warm-up matches and to get some time out in the middle.Ill be reporting back after them!Until next time!Fazza (Natasha Farrant, England Womens cricketer) Also See: Womens cricket home Sportswomen Cricket fixtures/results Get Sky Sports Christian McCaffrey Jersey . The San Antonio Spurs handled the conditions, and the team, and it sure helped when a suffering LeBron James couldnt make it to the finish. Carolina Panthers Jerseys . The Maple Leafs handed their embattled head coach a two-year contract extension on Thursday, while at the same time announcing that assistants Dave Farrish, Greg Cronin and Scott Gordon will not be back. www.nflpanthersgearofficial.com/kawann-short-jersey/. Braves reliever David Carpenter was also fined for throwing at Rockies outfielder Corey Dickerson in the same game, which featured several ejections, including Colorado manager Walt Weiss. Chris Scott Jersey . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. Brenton Bersin Jersey .com) - Devon Johnson ran for a school record 272 yards with four touchdowns and No.WASHINGTON -- Heres an audacious way to get a promotion: Tell the big boss what hes been doing wrong. Brian MacLellan did just that when he interviewed with owner Ted Leonsis for the Washington Capitals general manager job. "He led off with some of the things that I have to do to be a better owner," Leonsis said. "I thought that was very brave and very astute, because you dont want to hear things like that." MacLellans strategy helped him pull an upset. Leonsis was looking for a new direction and hadnt intended to promote from within after George McPhees contract wasnt renewed, but MacLellans candour helped him rise above the 15 or so candidates and land the job. "I didnt think I had anything to lose," MacLellan said. MacLellan has been with Washington for 13 seasons, including seven as assistant GM, but most of his work had been in scouting and he had rarely spoken to Leonsis. His message: When everyone in the organization is not on the same page, including the owner, the product on the ice suffers. Such was the case last season with McPhee and coach Adam Oates, and the result was a team that missed the playoffs for the first time in seven years despite 51 goals from Alex Ovechkin. "I think the important point I was trying to make is that I think the team feels when theres a disconnect," MacLellan said, "or (when) theres not a unified philosophy from ownership to manger to coach." MacLellan was introduced alongside Barry Trotz, the longtime Nashville Predators coach who replaces Oates. While MacLellan was one of many GM candidates, Trotz was the only coach the Capitals interviewed. His only hang-up was that he had to wait for a GM to get in place, and to make sure it was someone who shared a similar vision. "Its where I starrted," said Trotz, who coached the Capitals top minor league affiliate in the 1990s before spending 15 seasons with the Predators, "so I feels like I was coming home.dddddddddddd" Leonsis said he was keen to get someone with a solid track record after five consecutive McPhee hires who had no previous NHL head coaching experience. "We are not rebuilding the team," Leonsis said. "But we are going to refresh the team." Ovechkin has been forced to adjust to multiple offensive systems through several coaching changes in recent years. One of Trotzs priorities will be to sit down with the three-time league MVP and discuss the way forward. "My job as a coach is to find a way to allow Alex and the other players to reach their potential as a group, and be able to play together," Trotz said. "One of the very fundamental things, if you have a kindergarten, they give you your report card and they say, Do you play well with others? My job is to get everybody to play well with the others." Trotz downplayed his reputation as a defensive-minded coach, saying he didnt have the same firepower in Nashville that hell have in Washington. "I dont want to take anything away from the Capitals offensively. ... (They have) great power plays and great individuals that can put the puck in the net," Trotz said. "I didnt have that in Nashville. I had some real good players, but not enough up front, so we become a little more of a defensive team." Trotz said he doesnt see why the Capitals cant get back in the Stanley Cup mix right away, assuming they can forge the unified gameplan envisioned by MacLellan. "Theres enough ability here," Trotz said. "We just have to forge a little bit of an identity going forward." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
The administrator has disabled public write access.